Managing Contracts after the Pandemic
Getting the Contract Performance You Need in a COVID-Affected World
COVID-19 is becoming as much an economic crisis as a public health emergency, with many contractors suffering from broken supply chains, poor cash flow, or legal impediments to performing their contractual obligations. In this unstable world, which has also been compromised by a dramatic drop in the oil price, our previously dependable strategic suppliers are now struggling to deliver the materials, services or works upon which we relied.
At the same time, some of our needs have changed. New requirements have become much more important – perhaps reducing upstream activities, moth-balling uneconomic production, obtaining new types of PPE, or simply cash preservation. The existing contracts for services, production, or manufacturing that had worked so well before the coronavirus, may now need significant modification.
So how should contract owners adjust to a volatile commercial life after Covid-19?
This cutting-edge training course takes a clear look at the role of contract management in the new, Post-Covid world. Join colleagues from across the world in a highly participative three-day event, and rethink the contract management task and plan ahead.
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Identify and examine the strategic supply risks that contract owners face as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic
- Guide contract owners in their analysis of their major contracts, to ensure they can to protect their organisations if their contracts go wrong
- Analyse the essential elements to include in a commercial agreement to manage the risks of contractor failure
- Apply the protective measures that will be in existing contracts, such as contract variation, termination for convenience, or Force Majeure
- Address new risks that have appeared, for health & safety, economic or other reasons
- Re-focus their contracts – or even bringing them to an end – to meet new demands and constraints
- Reduce the cost of some contracts compared with what is available in the changed market
- Implement new contracts to meet new business requirements on the best terms we can get
This training course will utilize a variety of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted In-class or Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
This training course is suitable for a broad range of people, but will greatly benefit:
- Contracts Engineers
- Contracts Administration Professionals
- Contract Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Procurement Department members
- Anyone responsible for negotiating, drafting and preparing contracts
- Bahamas 26th – 28th July 2021 @ Nassau Palm Hotel
- USA Miami 2nd – 4th August 2021 @ SLS Brickell Downtown Miami
- UAE Dubai 22nd – 24th August 2021 @ Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Waterfront
- Kenya Nairobi 23rd – 25th August 2021 @ Radisson Blu Hotel, Nairobi Upper Hill
- South Africa Johannesburg 23rd – 25th August 2021 @ The Capital Hotel
- Sydney Australia 20th – 22nd September @ Crowne Plaza Sydney Darling Harbour
Course content day one – day three
- COVID-19 – What’s the situation now?
- Planning for the 90% Economy
- What are the concurrent challenges facing contractors?
- The normal objectives from Contract Management
- What to do when contractors say “I can’t perform”
- Force Majeure – Is it a show-stopper or an opportunity?
- Why paying in advance may be appropriate?
- Understanding your own contractual position
- Negotiating a resolution to obstacles to contract performance
- Responsible and Fair contractual behaviour
- Your contract management action plan checklist for the next 60 days
$550 ONLINE TRAINING
Comes with course material, & online support
$1500 3DAYS IN-CLASS TRAINING
Comes with lunch, refreshments and course material